When is World Passion Fruit Martini Day? This day will take place on May 28 of each calendar year.
What is World Passion Fruit Martini Day? It’s well known that cocktails and the Brits walk hand in hand, and the Passion Fruit Martini has been one of the UK’s favourite cocktails during the last four years. It became more than a cocktail: it’s a British icon. On average, there have been more than 64 million Passion Fruit Martinis served during the last three years, representing more than 20% of the cocktails served in the UK. So we thought this marvelous creation deserved its very own national day, will you join us by raising a PFM?
Why is this day being celebrated or observed? Passion Fruit Martini Day joins Pina Colada Day, Mojito Day and Beer Day as a celebration of amazing beverages! We want to celebrate the Passion Fruit Martini Day together, to raise awareness of one of the UK’s favourite cocktails and everything it represents.
How should this day be celebrated or observed?
- Toasting a Passion Fruit Martini with your loved ones
- Hosting a Passion Fruit Martini party, shaking up cocktails, baking up passion fruit cupcakes and eating passion fruit flavoured sweets – what more could you want?
- Taking part in a cocktail masterclass, learning how to make the one and only Passion Fruit Martini
- Sharing your take on Passion Fruit Martini Day, through social media or passing it on to friends
How to shake a Passion Fruit Martini:
- 50ml Vanilla Vodka
- 50ml Funkin Passion Fruit Purée
- 15ml Funkin Vanilla Syrup
- Shot of Prosecco
- Preparation: Pour your preferred Vanilla Vodka, Funkin Passion Fruit Purée and Syrup into your Boston Shaker with plenty of ice and shake until the shaker feels ice cold.
- Serve: Strain into a Martini Glass and garnish with half a passion fruit and a shot glass of Prosecco on the side.
Who created this day? This day was created in March 2021 by Funkin Cocktails.