When is this day celebrated? February 28
What is this day? National Vegan Lipstick Day is an opportunity to celebrate vegan lipstick everywhere, and to educate yourself on why purchasing vegan lipstick is important.
- Vegan lipstick is lipstick that does not contain animal ingredients or animal-derived ingredients.
- Cruelty-free lipstick is lipstick that is created without any sort of animal testing – that also includes not using raw materials that have not been tested on animals.
Here are four reasons to switch to vegan lipstick:
- Testing on animals does not necessarily correlate to safety in humans.
- With vegan lipstick, you can be sure that the colorants used do not come from insects.
- Many vegan lipsticks are also cruelty-free!
- Vegan lipstick is better for the environment, and are often hypoallergenic!
Who created this day? This day was founded in 2020 by CakeLipps. CakeLipps was founded by two sisters, Bertha and Tammy. National Vegan Lipstick day takes place on February 28 to commemorate their grandmother’s birthday.
How should this day be celebrated?
- Wear your favorite vegan lipstick!
- Purchase a new lipstick from an ethical brand, such as CakeLipps
- Do some research on what to look for in a vegan lipstick