On what day is National Upsy Daisy Day celebrated? June 8
What is National Upsy Daisy Day? This day is about waking up with a smile on your face, ready to take on the day with a positive mindset and attitude. It’s no secret that positivity is a benefit to our day-to-day lives, but it also benefits our overall health. Research shows that positive thinking can help with:
- Increasing overall lifespan
- Lowering depression
- Stress management
- Bettering cardiovascular health
- Building up our immune system to resist the common cold
In other words, it pays to be optimistic and have your glass half-full!
Who founded this day? This day was created by Stephanie West Allen in 2003.
What is the hashtag? Use the hashtag #NationalUpsyDaisyDay or #UpsyDaisyDay when posting to social media.
How to celebrate: Start the positive vibes off with these happiness-inducing ideas:
- Start your day by meditating for 5-10 minutes
- Treat yourself to lunch (or to your favorite latte)
- Give a compliment to someone
- Plan out a small, fun activity like a painting class or a hike for you or for you and friends
- Remind yourself how awesome you are!
What others days are there for Happiness?
- Jan 24- National Compliment Day
- March 3- National I Want You to be Happy Day
- March 20- International Day of Happiness
- Aug 8- National Happiness Happens Day
There are many other national days on our website. Try browsing one of our categories, or even create your own!