On what day is National Sticker Day celebrated? January 12
What is National Sticker Day? This day is all about the fun, colorful stickers we love. From vibrant colors to scratch-n-sniff, stickers are a fun way to personalize your belongings and express yourself! Stickers are typically made with paper, plastic or vinyl with adhesive on the back.
Here are some fun facts about stickers:
- Stickers date back to the mid 1700’s when tax stamps were applied to items that were being taxed. They also were used for the early version of postage stamps.
- Early versions didn’t have the adhesive on the back. Instead, they were manually glued on.
- The modern version of stickers were released in 1935.
- The first bumper sticker was created in 1946 to advertise Rocky Mountain’s Rocky City.
- The sticker on fruit in the grocery is edible and FDA-approved…but the jury is still out as to whether it tastes good!
Who founded this day? The creator of this day was the company StickerGiant.
What is the hashtag? Use #NationalStickerDay when posting to social media.
How to celebrate: Grab a roll of your favorite stickers and celebrate with these fun ideas:
- Hand out fun stickers to friends, co-workers or your classmates.
- Personalize an item of yours with stickers of your choice.
- Find a sticker for a cause that you care about and add it to your car.
- Make your own custom stickers through sites like Vistaprint!
What other national days are there for fashion?
- Jan 15- National Hat Day
- Mar 13- National Jewel Day
- May 16- National Piercing Day
- June 27- National Sunglasses Day
There are many other national days relating to fashion. In fact, National Day Archives has a separate category just for these days!