“If you can sing alone, you sing in front of other people. There’s no difference.”—Buddy the Elf
On what day is National Sing Out Day celebrated? May 25
What is National Sing Out Day? Start warming up your vocal chords, this day is for singing out loud for all to hear! Whether you are a frequent shower performer or a regular at karaoke bars, this is your day to celebrate by singing your favorite song at the top of your lungs.
But, singing isn’t just a fun musical release. It’s actually good for your overall attitude and health. Some benefits include:
- Lower stress levels
- Can help support immune system
- Gives you a workout (or at least your lungs and diaphragm)
- Can help support sleep
- Serves as a natural antidepressant
- Boosts confidence
- Strengthens communication skills
Who founded this day? The creator of this day is unknown.
What is the hashtag? Use the hashtag #NationalSingOutDay when sharing on social media.
How to celebrate: To get the party started, grab a few friends for these activities:
- Find a karaoke bar and jam out to “Don’t Stop Believing” or any of your favorite karaoke songs.
- Join a talent show and sing with a group of friends
- Or, sing in your home for an audience of one (or two if you count your dog)!
There are many other national days on our website. Try browsing one of our categories, or even create your own!