What day is National Running Day celebrated? First Wednesday in June, i.e. June 6, 2018, June 5, 2019, June 6, 2018, June 5, 2019, June 3, 2020.
What is National Running Day? Running clubs have been celebrating National Running Day since 2009 with the goal of promoting the benefits of running.
Here are some benefits of running according to one source:
- Improve Your Health- Running can raise good cholesterol, increase lung function, boost your immune system, and reduce risk of blood clots.
- Prevent Disease- Running can help lower the risk of breast cancer in women, help reduce the risk stroke or heart attacks.
- Lose Weight- Running is a great way of losing weight, second only to cross country skiing for burning calories.
- Boost Your Confidence- Running boosts confidence and self-esteem.
- Relieve Stress- Stress creates health issues, and running helps reduce stress.
- Eliminate Depression- Running produces chemicals in the brain that improve your mood and is a natural way of helping with depression.
How to celebrate: Plan to run today, whether it’s a few miles or only jogging a couple of blocks. For those who are already in shape, plan a running date with friends. For the rest of us, use National Running Day to jump start getting back into shape. Other ways of celebrating National Running Day include posting pictures of you in your running gear on social media or share a fun or funny story about running.
What is the hashtag? The hashtag for National Running Day is #NationalRunningDay.
What other national days are there for running or sports? There are other several other national days relating to health and fitness and many days for sports. In fact, National Day Archives has a category for Health and Fitness and another one for Sports.