What day is National Kissing Day celebrated? June 22
What is National Kissing Day? Kissing is a way of showing love or affection, and National Kissing Day celebrates the kiss.
Fun facts about kissing:
- Kissing takes 34 facial muscles, according to a team of British researchers from the Rayne Institute in University College, London using an MRI scanner.
- Kissing was once banned by King Henry VI in 1493, in an attempt to curb the spread of disease.
- According to the Guinness World Records, the record for the longest-lasting kiss goes to Ekkachai and Laksana Tiranarat of Thailand. These locked lips for 58 hours, 35 minutes, and 58 seconds.
- The average person spends 20,160 minutes kissing.
Who created this day? National Kissing Day originated in the U.K. One U.K. website claims to have created and celebrated it for the past 11 years, and has its own website.
How to celebrate: Celebrate National Kissing Day with a kiss. If it’s your lover, give them a passionate kiss. If it’s a friend for family member, a kiss on the cheek and a kind word are in order. Be sure to let them know they are loved and appreciated.
What is the hashtag? The hashtag for for National Kissing Day is #nationalkissingday.
What other national days are there for kissing? Several other national days have sprung up to celebrate kissing, including:
- National Kiss a Ginger Day January 12
- National Kiss and Make Up Day August 25
- National Kiss of Hope Day April 28
There are many other national days relating to relationships and kindness. In fact, National Day Archives has a separate category for family, and under that category there is a sub-category for friendship. Browse it by using the category button on the top left of the webpage.