When is National IT Professionals Day?
The third Tuesday in September is National IT Professionals Day.
What is National IT Professionals Day?
The world gets more digitally connected every day. More networks go online, and the internet reaches more communities in faster ways. National IT Professionals Day honors the experts who keep these systems running.
When IT (Information Technology) systems are managed well, you might not think about the pros behind the scenes. They undergird modern businesses and enable social media. They keep our lights on and our money moving. The fact that you’re able to read this article speaks to the army of IT pros sustaining our networks.
IT systems can be fickle creatures, but these folks are up to the task. In fact, you usually don’t even notice a service disruption when something breaks. End users usually experience only the big problems.
So give it up for the IT pros that make it all happen, and celebrate their work on National IT Professionals Day.
Fun facts about National IT Professionals Day!
- Email is older than the internet.
- Until 1995, registering a domain name was free.
- The first computer mouse was carved from wood.
- It’s estimated that the U.S. had 3.87 million professional software developers in 2016. That was just over 1% of the total population.
- The IT management software provider Solarwinds created National IT Professionals Day in 2015.
How to celebrate National IT Professionals Day:
- Send a thank you note to any IT pros you know. Take them out for lunch, or coffee, or a round of golf.
- If you manage any IT pros or your business employs them, go out of your way to show them your appreciation. Handwritten notes, unexpected bonuses, and public acknowledgement are good places to start.
What’s the hashtag for National IT Professionals Day?
Use #ITProDay on social media to give props to the folks keeping us connected.