When is National Father Daughter Take a Walk Day?
July 7th is National Father Daughter Take a Walk Day.
What is National Father Daughter Take a Walk Day?
From diaper changes to the wedding-day waltz, dads and daughters share an extraordinary bond. National Father Daughter Take a Walk Day celebrates the father-daughter relationship with some quality time, plus a little exercise.
A father’s impact on his daughter’s life is immeasurable. For one thing, daughters learn how women and men should interact first by watching his treatment of mom. A man’s respectful behavior towards women reinforces his daughter’s self-image and builds her confidence.
He’s her hero and her model of manhood. He’ll goof up, and get a lot of practice saying sorry too, but the companionship between a man and his little girl is hard to break.
Any day is a good day for a daddy-daughter date, but especially National Father Daughter Take a Walk Day.
Fun facts about National Father Daughter Take a Walk Day!
- Sorry, Dads. Girls clothing barely has any pockets. Permission to be annoyed, granted.
- Holding hands nurtures the relationship between a daughter and her dad because physical touch releases endorphins.
- Fathers who berate their daughters (or yell at their wives in front of their daughters) may contribute to body image issues and eating disorders down the road.
- Studies suggest that girls with stronger paternal bonds perform better academically.
How to celebrate National Father Daughter Take a Walk Day:
- Daughters and dads, take a walk. Have yourselves a stroll through the neighborhood or meander through the park. Hold hands.
- Dads, discuss your daughter’s dreams. Inspire her to set goals and achieve them.
- Dads, engage her in conversation. Build your daughter’s self-esteem by showing interest in all areas of her life. Make plans to attend school events and sports games.
What’s the hashtag for National Father Daughter Take a Walk Day?
Use #FatherDaughterTakeAWalkDay on social media.