What day is National Drink Wine Day celebrated? February 18
What is National Drink Wine Day? National Drink Wine Day was started to celebrate the love of wine. Drinking wine not only leads to great times with great friends, but here are 8 possible benefits from drinking one or two four-ounce glasses of wine a day according to some studies listed in an article on the Internet:
- Longevity (wine drinkers have a 34 percent lower mortality rate than beer or spirits drinkers)
- Reduces Heart-Attack Risk (moderate drinkers suffering from high blood pressure are 30 percent less likely to have a heart attack than nondrinkers)
- Lowers Risk of Heart Disease (red-wine tannins contain procyanidins, which protect against heart disease)
- Reduces Risk of Type 2 Diabetes (moderate drinkers have 30 percent less risk than nondrinkers of developing type 2 diabetes)
- Lowers Risk of Stroke (the possibility of suffering a blood clot–related stroke drops by about 50 percent in people who consume moderate amounts of alcohol)
- Cuts Risk of Cataracts (moderate drinkers are 32 percent less likely to get cataracts than nondrinkers; those who consume wine are 43 percent less likely to develop cataracts than those drinking mainly beer)
- Cuts Risk of Colon Cancer (moderate consumption of wine (especially red) cuts the risk of colon cancer by 45 percent)
- Slows Brain Decline (brain function declines at a markedly faster rate in nondrinkers than in moderate drinkers)
- There are 8 types of red wines: Syrah, Merlot, Cabernet sauvignon, Malbec, Pinot noir, Zinfandel, Sangiovese, and Barbera.
- There are 7 types of white wine s: Chardonnay, Sauvignon blanc, Semillon, Moscato, Pinot grigio, Gewürztraminer, Riesling. With so many to choose from, it will be hard to limit the National Drink Wine Day to one day of the year.
*Just be sure to drink responsibly and bring along a designated driver or take a cab or Uber home.
Who created National Drink Wine Day? Todd McCalla started this holiday and has his own web site.
How to celebrate National Drink Wine Day? Enjoy your favorite glass of wine or two with a good friend. Perhaps try a different flavor or to a wine tasting party. The benefits to wine are plenty, so get into the spirit. Just be sure to drink responsibly and bring along a designated driver or take a cab or Uber home. Other ideas include making a romantic evening at home with candle light. Read an article on what wine goes best with the mean you are preparing and the dessert you plan. Then post your pictures and memories on social media.
What is the hashtag for National Drink Wine Day? The hashtag for National Drink Wine Day is #nationaldrinkwineday.
What other national days are there for alcohol? There are many other national days relating to alcohol. In fact, National Day Archives has a separate category just for drinks, including alcohol. Browse it by using the category button on the top left of the webpage. Start with the Food category and then find the Drinks subcategory.