On what day is National Dishwasher Appreciation Day celebrated? March 9
What is National Dishwasher Appreciation Day? This day is for saying thanks to the dishwashers that clean up after us–whether that be a dishwasher at a restaurant or someone at home! Doing the dishes is often ranked high as one of the least favorite chores in American households. So, let’s be thankful for the men and women who are willing to step up and load the dishwasher each day.
Who founded this day? The creator of this day is unknown.
What is the hashtag? Use #NationalDishwasherAppreciationDay when posting to social media.
How to celebrate: Here’s how you can celebrate the dishwashers in your life:
- Write a thank you card
- Clean excess food off your dishes before loading it into the sink. It helps make the clean up process easier!
- Got a regular dishwasher in the family? Tell them to take the night off and volunteer to clean the dishes.
What other national days are there for Cleaning?
- May 10- National Clean up Your Room Day
- May 18- National No Dirty Dishes Day
- Nov 15- National Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day
- Sep 11- National Make Your Bed Day
There are many other national days relating to Homes. In fact, National Day Archives has a separate category just for these days!