What day is National Cupcake Day? December 15. Though be sure not to confuse this delicious holiday with Chocolate Cupcake Day which happens on October 18th.
What is National Cupcake Day? National Cupcake Day is a time to enjoy one of America’s favorite desserts in the company of our favorite people. This delicious treat has been a national favorite for almost as long as this nation has existed!
Fun Facts about National Cupcake Day:
- This tasty treat has been around since the late 1700’s.
- Originally cupcakes were called the 1-2-3-4 cake due to their recipe — 1 cup of butter, 2 cups of sugar, 3 cups of flour, and 4 eggs. Hence the infamous name, cupcake.
- Also, cupcakes used to be made in teacups, which we’re pretty glad they’ve grown out of!
Initially, cupcakes were a savory food which people would pour gravy and other sauces onto. (Perhaps another change we’re grateful for…)
How to celebrate National Cupcake Day:
- Get together with your local besties and explore the cupcake recipe world. By way of recommendation, some of our favorites include — (for something fun) Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting, (if you want to stick with the classics) Red Velvet and Margarita cupcakes.
- If your parents are local, this is also a great holiday to spend intentional time with the baker in the family — whether that be hanging with mom or dad, or even a sibling, National Cupcake Day is a great occasion to get quality family time.
- Cupcakes make for delightful gifts. Make some cupcakes for coworkers, neighbors, or your friends.
What is the hashtag? #NationalCupcakeDay