When is National Handbag Day?
October 10th is National Handbag Day.
What is National Handbag Day?
You don’t leave the house without it. It’s the closet mainstay, completing an outfit while storing the day’s items. National Handbag Day celebrates these accessories that lend you poise as they carry your precious cargo.
The boundless varieties of handbags can suit any mood or use, from the daytime clutch to a spacious tote that holds everything plus a good book or a laptop. And while no one actually needs a designer bag, that doesn’t mean you can’t have one. Louis Vuitton and Chanel may have a thing or two to say about that.
So take National Handbag Day to enjoy the clutches, purses, satchels and totes that keep you well-prepared and in style.
Fun facts about National Handbag Day!
- As of 2018, the world’s most expensive was the Mouawad 1001 Nights Diamond Purse, a heart-shaped purse made with 18-karat gold and over 4,500 diamonds.
- The name ‘handbag’ first described men’s briefcases in the early twentieth century.
- The first handbag with a zipper came out in 1923, designed by Hermes.
- Egyptian hieroglyphics show men carrying various items in small pouches they could tie around their waist.
How to celebrate National Handbag Day:
- Wear your favorite handbag, or peruse your collection and choose what suits your mood.
- Feeling uninspired? Use this day to buy a new handbag. Splurge a bit or take the economical route.
What’s the hashtag for National Handbag Day?
Use #NationalHandbagDay to share a pic with your favorite handbag on social media.